Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Porsche Turbo Forums > 944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum

Unread 01-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #61
Pauerman
Boost Therapy Provider

Pauerman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333pg333 View Post
Good progress George. That was a good catch re reversing the polarity. I'd never heard of that. I wonder if anyone else has?

What's the thinking in running as low FP as possible? What fpr are you using 3bar?

Good catch for sure. During the course of dialing in my ems kit, we've had the unfortunate pleasure of toasting a few wasted spark coil packs on the account of incorrect polarity setting - rising edge vs falling edge.

Glad to hear that things are progressing well for you George. I also run 100 lb/hr Bosch injectors in full sequential, but in a 2.5L engine. My idle is rock solid smooth and I was able to pass the restrictive emissions test here in AZ a few weeks ago without a problem. You shouldn't have any problem getting your car to pass.

Good luck dialing in your tune!
'89 951 Stone Grey - 3.0L 16V Turbo Project, V88
'86 951 Sapphire Blue - 2.8L Vi-PEC V44, GT30R
'89 944S2 Black - Stock
Pauerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #62
George D
User

George D is on a distinguished road

Hi Vic,

I'm lucky to be able to register my car in Greer, AZ which is in Apache County. I have a mountain home there, and I pretend the car lives there. Apache County does not have emissions testing.

Otherwise, I'm sure I could get the car to pass. It's just a pain to install the race cat and go through the lines at emissions.

I'll be bringing the car down your way in a few months. I'll give you a heads up. Your stand alone setup and install is very clean. Looks very well done in the pictures.

George
George D is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #63
George D
User

Typo: and we found that the 180 degree (when open) oil thermostat wasn't opening. I meant to say the 220 degree oil thermostat wasn't opening. Don't want to give out bad information. I believe we have two types available, a 212 degree and a 220 degree oil thermostat. I prefer the 220 to make sure that any moisture gets boiled out. Just my thought, and don't know if this makes any difference.

I don't think I'll be able to get my car past 220 even at track events with our new oil coolers, so I want it to run at 220.
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:09 PM   #64
George D
User

Default Update

The static tuning of the motor is done and we don't have any leaks. The oil cooler thermostat works, the coolant flows once the thermostat opens, and the trans cooler comes on at 180 degrees.

Here is a picture of the nose off the car and one with the nose on.

The splitter and underbody parts won't go on till all the tuning is completed. The car should be on the road for tuning tomorrow.

Everything is above the crossmember. Tight in there.

George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 951 without bumper.jpg (252.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 951 with bumper.jpg (249.1 KB, 2 views)
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:32 PM   #65
George D
User

There is a small seat company called Status. They make CF and Kevlar racing seats here in the US and overseas. http://www.statusracing.com/ They are located in WA. Their Ring GT seats in Kevlar are spectacular. The fit and finish is top knotch, and they are very comfortable as compared to other fixed 5 point racing seats. I fit fine in my Recaro Pole, but these seats are plush in comparison.

I was tired of having to take out the stock seat and install my Recaro. When I left the Recaro in the car to drive on the street, I would miss the comfort of the stock seat. I decided to just purchase comfortable 5 point seats for both sides that matched and not have to deal with install/removal.

I like the GT3 seats, and would have purchased them had I not gotten the chance to see these in person. These seats are as nice as the GT3 seats. I think they are more comfortable, but that's my opinion. They are very similar in design. The leather on these is top quality.

Here is a picture. Mine will not have their logo in white at the top. They are doing a lazer etch that won't be nearly as noticeable.

Those of you looking for top quality and comfortable racing/driving seats, give this company a shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg status seats.jpg (53.6 KB, 3 views)
Unread 02-03-2011, 12:52 AM   #66
ModdedEverything951S
User

ModdedEverything951S is on a distinguished road
Garage
Send a message via AIM to ModdedEverything951S Send a message via Yahoo to ModdedEverything951S Send a message via Skype™ to ModdedEverything951S

Looking good George! I should be firing mine up here in a week or so. We definitely have to meet up!

1988 951S: 944 Enhancement 3.1L//SFR Exhaust//Vitesse Turbo//TecGT//

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweanders View Post
The only way to be fast around a track is to be slow enough where it matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
Once you go pink....... it's faster than you think!
Semper Fidelis Support boobies, the Marines do!
ModdedEverything951S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #67
George D
User

Dave will have the car out on the road today doing some tuning. The car will actually be driven today.....It's been a year and a half. I'm nuts putting this much time and money into these 951 cars, but I have a passion for them.

I'll let you know when I'll be flying into SLC.

George
Unread 02-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #68
John Koa Wood
Enthusiast
Reutterwerk
Supporter

John Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to behold

George,

Didnt I read somewhere you listed your height and weight... don't know why it struck me, but for some reason I pictured you as taller and more stout. not to say 5-10 175 isnt... sorry, I realize it doesn't matter.. just keeps striking me... maybe because I am 5-11 180...

OR

Ask me about my other stuffs!
John Koa Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #69
George D
User

You must be thinking of my fellow Tucson 951 nuts Sean or Justin. Sean is 6'7" and Justin is 6'5". You should see Sean trying to fit into my Recaro. Only 3/4 of his ass fits into the seat. He has to drive sideways with his head hitting the roof....actually funny as hell.

I am 5'10" and 175 with a 33" waist. In my college days, I was 175 with a 28" waist, but that was in the early 80's. At 48, my wife still thinks I'm hot....LOL.

I still workout and train three days a week. I just won't stop eating good food with great wine. When I'm hanging out with my younger friends at my house, I have to keep up. Those guys can put down beer or anything in my bar. Adds inches over the years.
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #70
333pg333
User

333pg333 is on a distinguished road

George, you're so close now!! I'm excited for you. Doing these projects takes so much more time than most of us imagine and are prepared for. You learn new levels of patience. Your car is going to be an awesome and unique example and hopefully provide you with years of FUN ahead....without too many tickets!

For your car l like the look of those seats...but I have a slight question over their provenance but I'd be tempted too if I had a GT Supercar too. :-)
333pg333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 06:59 AM   #71
333pg333
User

Just noticed these for sale on Rennlist. Damn good price!

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...stitching.html
Unread 02-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #72
pontifex4
Hatchthusiast
Reutterwerk
Supporter

pontifex4 is a jewel in the roughpontifex4 is a jewel in the roughpontifex4 is a jewel in the roughpontifex4 is a jewel in the rough
Garage

Quote:
Just noticed these for sale on Rennlist. Damn good price!

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...stitching.html
Hmmmm.... You're right.
pontifex4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2011, 01:48 PM   #73
George D
User

They are not five point and yellow. They are a very good price though. Dye the stitching and paint the backs to match your car Patrick. Shipping from Australia to the US may bring up the price a bit.
Unread 02-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #74
George D
User

Quote:
For your car l like the look of those seats...but I have a slight question over their provenance but I'd be tempted too if I had a GT Supercar too. :-)
They are made in Monroe, Washington to order. They are not assembled until you place your order. They are killer seats.

George
Unread 02-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #75
333pg333
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by George D View Post
They are not five point and yellow. They are a very good price though. Dye the stitching and paint the backs to match your car Patrick. Shipping from Australia to the US may bring up the price a bit.
No, I didn't see them as an option for your car George...I just stumbled across them in the ad and showed the link in context. No good for me either but I'm surprised at how cheap he wants to sell them for a brand new factory seat.
They're in the US too, not Australia.

Oh, that's good to know about your seats too. They do look very nice. I was tempted myself.