Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > BMW Forums > All Current and Past BMW Series > BMW "MINI"

Unread 11-18-2009, 09:32 AM   #16
CurtP
Super User

CurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to all

I didn't know there were so many fans here. I've had two, but I can't find any pictures right now. My first one was a 2003 MCS, Indy Blue/white roof. It had the blue/black leather interior and a few options. It was ok, but it wasn't really what I wanted. My second one was a 2004 MCS that I ordered and had to wait 3 months to get. Pepper white/black roof, all options except PDC. Tan/black interior. Loved that car, but hated the squeaks and rattles that started with only 5k on the clock. It had some annoying habits like every once in a while when I'd start it, nothing in the interior would work (no power to anything). I'd have to shut it off, wait 5-10 seconds, then restart. Dealer couldn't figure it out and I couldn't repeat the problem. Had it less than a year, then traded it in on a new BMW Z4 3.0i.

I miss the MINIs, but I really regret getting rid of the Z4
CurtP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #17
Dick B.
Adult Supervisor
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,112 Posts
Dick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Guess we're lucky as we haven't had one pblm with or MINI. Year and half old with under 7k mls. 31 mpg 95% city driving. Wifes car only goes to work and back for the most part. Love it.
Dick B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
CurtP
Super User

CurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to all

When they did the facelift, they resolved a bunch of problems. The early ones had quite a few issues, most notably squeaks and rattles. Plastic on plastic and I was constantly using the fuzzy side of velcro between panels trying to squelch the noise. The supercharged S had a bad stumble when accelerating from a stop too. Between all those issues and the interior power issue, I had had enough and bought the BMW.
CurtP is offline   Reply With Quote