Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Porsche Air/Oil Cooled Forums > 993 Forum

Unread 07-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #1
Peter R.
User

Peter R. is on a distinguished road
Default Can't get doors open

Hey folks,

I've been away for a while. Things had gotten really hectic for a while due to reasons ranging from a bad accident to bracing the busisness for crisis weather, but I'm finally back in the Porsche business.

I've built a workshop, sorted out all my tools, installed a system for airtools and stocked up on them, and in a week or two the two poster car lift will arrive and be installed.

So I'm turning my attention to the 993 which I want to get into top shape for next spring.

It needs a few things doing to it. Most of the stuff like belts, oil switch, aircon etc. I can likely sort out. It will also get new brakes, new Bilsteins, and a new 200 cell cat.

But absolutely first and formost on my list is some rust appearing in the right front under the windshield, and a drivers door bodged door strap fix.

I want to tackle thees asap, but I need to get it open first. To my horror I found that indeed the locks turn (I can hear the mechanisms working when I turn the key), but I can;t seem to depress the trigger of the door handle.

Is there anything I can do to get the locks unstuck short of removing the windshield ? It needs to come out anyway to attack the rust spot, but I'd like to get it in the shed first.

Thanks,

Pete
Peter R. is offline   Reply With Quote