Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Porsche Water Cooled Forums > 996 Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 10-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #1
Imo000
User

Imo000 is on a distinguished road
Default Dragged home one of these engine repair project #2

Engine has 346000Km. Last time at the drag strip id developed a slightly lower oil pressure condition (~1bar less than before). Rennlist has some details on it but since you must be a paying member to post pictures, I'll start a fresh thread here instead.

Couple weeks ago decided to change the oil thinking maybe that will bring the pressure up to where it used to be. The gauge I used for this was the one in the gauge cluster. Upon pulling the filter, it was obvious something is coming apart. The filter was pull of metal. Most stuck to a magnet so initially though maybe it's a lifter of a camshaft. I've put a new filter in it and filled it up with regular 10W30 just so I can drive it in from the driveway into the garage. A few days later I jacked the back up and drained the oil and coolant, to get ready to pull the engine. I let the oil drain for a few days and tonight pulled the sump pan just to see what's in there. Things don't look too good, there is copper in there so the crank or connecting rod bearing(s) have starved of oil and is/are coming apart. The case will have to come apart for this. That's it for today, I'll post more as I progress further into the project. Here are some pictures from the project.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1000.jpg (88.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 1001.jpg (19.8 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg 1002.jpg (125.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 1003.jpg (22.7 KB, 200 views)
Imo000 is offline   Reply With Quote