Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Porsche Water Cooled Forums > 997 GT2/GT3 Forum

Unread 01-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
Haku
User

Haku is on a distinguished road
Default What about the GT3 brought on a huge grin?

Fellas I'm just trying to add to the GT3 section of the forum in the hope that it'll kick start some great discussions about GT3 experiences that have brought a smile to your face.

I've had my .2 GT3 for a couple of months and am still coming to terms with how different this car is compared to any of the other 997's (C4S, TT, C4S PDK) that I have had the pleasure of owning.

The car has now done slightly over 1100 miles and I've been told that it's ok to start gently pushing the revs now. With that in mind I took the car out on some twisties a couple of days ago and drove the car semi-spiritedly and my!... what a difference than sedately driving this car! At one point I was on a straight and shifted into 3rd and floored it to around 6.5-7k revs and the thing becomes an absolute beast! It gave me a wondrous adrenaline gush resulting in a grin from ear to ear! 4th and 5th were delightfully shifted with handling just getting better and better. Simply astounding!

I've been used to the power surge of the TT which at times I had been missing in the GT3... little did I know what was in store once the car starts flexing its muscle. Even driven by a modestly experienced driver like myself this car is nothing short of phenomenal. I can only imagine what it must be like in the hands of an accomplished driver. I can't wait for more learning and exhilarating experiences with the GT3.

Next stop Barber and the PDS.
Haku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #2
OCBen

OCBen is a jewel in the roughOCBen is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for sharing that, Haku. I imagined what you must have felt under hard acceleration as you were describing it.

Bet it has some giddyup!
OCBen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OCBen For Your Post:
Haku (02-12-2010)
Unread 01-27-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Haku
User

Haku is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBen View Post
Thanks for sharing that, Haku. I imagined what you must have felt under hard acceleration as you were describing it.

Bet it has some giddyup!
Ben, the GT3 is such a blast. So different to the TT which was stupendous but... sort of civilized. This thing is a wolf in wolf's clothing... just nuts. I do however notice the difference in traction between the 4WD and the 2WD.
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
allenarnett
User

allenarnett will become famous soon enough
Garage

I have a daily driver Targa S that I took to some DEs. One day, my dealer let me drive a GT3 on the track, and I was hooked instantly. There is no comparison. That GT3 was all set up for the track, but my bone stock GT3RS has the same feeling. I've been resisting the slippery slope of mods, mainly because I still have plenty to learn the capabilities of the car I have now.
allenarnett is offline   Reply With Quote