Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > BMW Forums > All Current and Past BMW Series > BMW 5 Series

Unread 06-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
Thucydides
Good Drover
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Thucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud of
Default First Service....

I had a number of issues that had been building up so I took the car in the other day. Some of them were - Nav screwing up and getting stuck or not reading the dvd, uneven acceleration from a stop, passenger mirror not returning to proper position after backing out, etc.

They kept the car overnight and said that they did 14hrs of computer work on it. This included wiping a lot of stuff clean and putting on all of the latest programming. So far everything appears to be looking good. They didn't ever get the mirror to do what I was talking about though. It is intermittent and then all of a sudden when you need the mirror it is pointed the wrong way. It didn't screw up today though, so we'll see.

My only remaining outstanding issue is a large bulge in one of my front run-flats. I guess it will hold up....until it doesn't. I want to get regular tires, but not before running a little more tread off of these.

Here's a pic. It's kinda boring cause I couldn't find any hot asian chicks in bikinis when I was taking it -

Click the image to open in full size.
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Jake
User and abuser
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,377 Posts
Jake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Jake Send a message via Skype™ to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucydides View Post
I had a number of issues that had been building up so I took the car in the other day. Some of them were - Nav screwing up and getting stuck or not reading the dvd, uneven acceleration from a stop, passenger mirror not returning to proper position after backing out, etc.
Sounds like a BMW.

Quote:
They kept the car overnight and said that they did 14hrs of computer work on it. This included wiping a lot of stuff clean and putting on all of the latest programming. So far everything appears to be looking good. They didn't ever get the mirror to do what I was talking about though. It is intermittent and then all of a sudden when you need the mirror it is pointed the wrong way. It didn't screw up today though, so we'll see.
How is that even possible? Oh, wait, it's a dealer...

Good luck getting the mirror to misbehave in front of a tech's eyes...

Quote:
My only remaining outstanding issue is a large bulge in one of my front run-flats. I guess it will hold up....until it doesn't. I want to get regular tires, but not before running a little more tread off of these.
I don't blame you, but I'd take it relatively easy on that tire until then...

Quote:
Here's a pic. It's kinda boring cause I couldn't find any hot asian chicks in bikinis when I was taking it -
I'm sure that gap-toothed Korean chick was available.

'99 Porsche 911 Carrera 4
'08 BMW M3 convertible
'19 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew
'95 Mazda Miata M-edition
'15 Ford Explorer XLT
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Thucydides
Good Drover
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Thucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud ofThucydides has much to be proud of

Fortunately, this stuff was all under warranty. I didn't bother to ask why the download and programming times were so long since I wasn't paying and they had given me a loaner car. I did pay to have the tires balanced while it was in. Nothing about wheels and tires is covered by BMW warranty - or so I've been told.

It would have been nice to have the hot Acura chick in the pic to melt everyone's screen, but she won't return any of my emails or calls.