Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Porsche Turbo Forums > 944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum

Unread 03-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #16
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

Paulyy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S View Post
Just a suggestion, but I chose to use thermal paste between my resistors and the mounting plate. It helped with keeping them cool and is cheap and available at pretty much any computer shop.

Does your EMS require the resistors? Your sig says AFMlink and I am not familiar with it.

Engine bay looks nice and neat! Why does your intake pipe drop in diameter for a bit before the turbo?
Note taken! i'll pick some up tomorrow or tuesday.

The AFMlink is just a piggyback/interceptor that takes readings from It's MAP sensor to make the stock computer think theres still an AFM on the car. So yeah i still need resistors

The intake drops a step because the turbo has a 4" ported shroud and a 4" pipe all the way won't fit ontop of the alternator. the way i see it. if a gt3076 can have a to4b compressor housing with a 2.75" inlet and a to4e with a 3" inlet, a 4" - 3" - 4" step wouldn't hurt

86 952 Garrett GTX3076R, CEP head, CEP/JME cam, TiAL 38mm, M-Tune, FMIC, eBoost 2, KWv3

Build thread: Click here
Paulyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 07:37 AM   #17
John Koa Wood
Enthusiast
Reutterwerk
Supporter

John Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulyy View Post
Note taken! i'll pick some up tomorrow or tuesday.

The AFMlink is just a piggyback/interceptor that takes readings from It's MAP sensor to make the stock computer think theres still an AFM on the car. So yeah i still need resistors

The intake drops a step because the turbo has a 4" ported shroud and a 4" pipe all the way won't fit ontop of the alternator. the way i see it. if a gt3076 can have a to4b compressor housing with a 2.75" inlet and a to4e with a 3" inlet, a 4" - 3" - 4" step wouldn't hurt
The 4" pipe will clear with an alternate alternator.

I installed the same alternator George D installed on his car, and his 4 inch inlet pipe clears the new alternator. took me about an hour to modify it for install, and it has been great for almost 5000 miles!

OR

Ask me about my other stuffs!
John Koa Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #18
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Koa Wood View Post
The 4" pipe will clear with an alternate alternator.

I installed the same alternator George D installed on his car, and his 4 inch inlet pipe clears the new alternator. took me about an hour to modify it for install, and it has been great for almost 5000 miles!
For me to do that, i really don't see any power gain from a 3" to a 4" pipe. for running maximum 18 psi on a 2.5

86 952 Garrett GTX3076R, CEP head, CEP/JME cam, TiAL 38mm, M-Tune, FMIC, eBoost 2, KWv3

Unread 03-29-2011, 01:45 AM   #19
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

Something arived today!

Click the image to open in full size.

My 60mm eBoost2

Unread 03-29-2011, 08:12 AM   #20
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

John. As you asked. headshrinked! no tape anywhere!! and i changed the cables. a little thicker.

Oh and used heatsink paste

Last edited by Paulyy; 03-29-2011 at 08:47 AM.
Unread 03-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #21
John Koa Wood
Enthusiast
Reutterwerk
Supporter

John Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
John. As you asked. headshrinked! no tape anywhere!! and i changed the cables. a little thicker.

Oh and used heatsink paste

looks good, I did simmilar to another listers car last night.. He is running rich at idle, and ANY throttle makes AFRs dive into the 11 range with no load... tonight will bring an SMT6 to the mix to try to tune out the richness...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zietronix installed.jpg (113.8 KB, 1 views)

OR

Unread 03-29-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

Quote:

looks good, I did simmilar to another listers car last night.. He is running rich at idle, and ANY throttle makes AFRs dive into the 11 range with no load... tonight will bring an SMT6 to the mix to try to tune out the richness...
Hope that fix's the problem! could be a falty AFM or MAF which ever he's running.

Unread 03-29-2011, 12:20 PM   #23
John Koa Wood
Enthusiast
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Quote:
Hope that fix's the problem! could be a falty AFM or MAF which ever he's running.
I am actually involved with 2 cars with almost the exact same setup on both, and both are behaving the exact same way!

Both will get squared away, but might be in different directions... it just takes a little time...

The car in question has a new maf and chipboard, as does the other, both from the same supplier, both running excessively rich. And yes all grounds, and kit install verification procedures have been done on both... it is a tune issue more than anything else at this point. my issue is location, time, and location.. car in question is at my house being sorted out, I will make sure it is ready to provide it's owner with miles of smiles before sending it back out (as last time I worked on it it was running 100% better than before, but still had issues... that was in the fall, we are now sorting out the issues, and getting it to the 100% sorted point so he can actually enjoy driving it!)

OR

Unread 03-30-2011, 01:08 AM   #24
CurtP
Super User

CurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to all

Quote:

Geeze. Who did those half-assed solder joints and why wasn't adhesive lined polyolefin heat shrink used?

CurtP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 02:19 AM   #25
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

eBoost2 Is installed. I used double sided tape (3M) to stick it on the side of the centre console and the bottom of the dash. If it dosn't fall down i'll let it stay there, if it falls ill probably make a pod for it to sit in, in the same location.

Unread 03-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #26
John Koa Wood
Enthusiast
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtP View Post
Geeze. Who did those half-assed solder joints and why wasn't adhesive lined polyolefin heat shrink used?

BWAHAHA, didnt use adhesive backed because I wanted to be able to cut it off... as I already added second lines to many of the same points (power, ground, TPS, MAF) for the SMT6 on top of the points the Zietronix tapped into.

Perhaps tonight I will finish the SMT6 install, sort out the settings and start tuning.

OR

Unread 04-02-2011, 03:07 AM   #27
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

So i finished setting up my eBoost2. Here's a short video showing it working with an external switch to switch though boost groups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRKHS8dKcAA

Unread 04-02-2011, 03:55 AM   #28
carlege
Architect / Car Guy
Reutterwerk
Supporter

carlege is a splendid one to beholdcarlege is a splendid one to beholdcarlege is a splendid one to beholdcarlege is a splendid one to beholdcarlege is a splendid one to beholdcarlege is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to carlege

LOL paulyy for a minute i was going to respond... "why the hell would you put it all the way over there." Forgot you were down under

Former
2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0 5 speed 77800 miles
2001 Nissan Xterra SE, 236,000 miles
1994 Ford Explorer XLT, 262,000
carlege is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2011, 04:24 AM   #29
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlege View Post
LOL paulyy for a minute i was going to respond... "why the hell would you put it all the way over there." Forgot you were down under
LMAO!!
Everything looks strange to me when i see US spec cars. like batterys in the engine bay. it always trips me out.

Unread 04-10-2011, 06:31 AM   #30
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

Started on the exhaust this weekend. we decided to make it all 1 piece at first to make it all right, then weld in the V-Bands. hopfully we start the front section on the exhaust this week.