Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Porsche Water Cooled Forums > 928 Forum

Unread 10-05-2016, 04:15 PM   #1
928gene928
User

928gene928 is on a distinguished road
Default Hirschmann Power Antenna

Just changed my bad radio with another Blaupunkt. I have a Hirschmann Auta 6000U863, all metal power antenna. The antenna had not been used for a long time because of the radio, so I decided to remove it for inspection. Managed to wiggle it out without removing the rear tire.
The antenna was pretty clean inside and out. I did a general cleaning and lube. There are three wires going to the power portion of the antenna, Red,Black, & White. The electrical drawings in the 928 manual really don't clearly show where these connections go.
I want to bench test the antenna, prior to installing it on the car, to be sure it works properly. I did remove the motor wires inside from the circuit board, and applied 12 volts, and the motor runs OK.
My question to the group is: Has anyone ever tested these power antennas, and where do the three wires go and do. It appears the white one is ground. Also, any knowledge of the circuit board operation, there are a couple of resistors and a copper coil attached.
928gene928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
GlenL
Workin' on it

GlenL will become famous soon enoughGlenL will become famous soon enough
Garage

You must have an alder car as the later models got the windshield antenna.

That's not a black wire (I wager) but brown and brown is ground throughout the car. Then the white and red control up/down. I _believe_ that red is 12V power and white is 12v for up and either ground or no connection for down. The white runs to the radio and the red is fed from V5 on the CE panel. I can't see if V5 is switched or unswitched power.
Unread 10-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #3
928gene928
User

928gene928 is on a distinguished road

Glen,
Thanks for your help "again".I did find some info on line at a Mercedes site, including a basic internal relay drawing. Busy today, but will get back to my bench test later. Note: My car is a 1980.
928gene928 is offline   Reply With Quote