Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Porsche Water Cooled Forums > 928 Forum

Unread 10-07-2016, 02:18 PM   #1
928gene928
User

928gene928 is on a distinguished road
Default Hirschmann Antenna Follow-Up

I wasn't able to find any good information specific to my Hirschmann 6000U 863 power antenna, (all metal model). I did find on a Mercedes site, after many Google searches, (K6JRF's Page). Although not specific to my model, there was an excellent explanation of the basic wiring and relay contact operations.
It did turn out that the ground wire color to the antenna was the black wire (no brown), red was 12volt (constant), and the white wire was 12 volt switched on by the radio. Power to the white wire raised the antenna, and when the power was removed, the antenna lowered.
I confirmed the operation by removing the relays, and ringing out the various connection points. Also cleaned all the parts with contact cleaner, and re-assembled. The bench test as positive after all the input connections were verified.
With my usual over-kill, I glass bead blasted the assembled case, and sprayed with clear. Looks like new now.
During my Google searches I did see one antenna like mine for sale on e-bay, was surprised that it was $400. As best as I can determine these were used by VW, BMW, Jaguar, Porsche and Mercedes, during various years. Mostly during the late 60"s and into the 70's & 80's. Now the hard part, getting it installed and aligned, back in the car.
Should be a complement to the Blaupunkt Charlotte CR148 that replaced my Monterey SQR23.
928gene928 is offline   Reply With Quote