Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Porsche Water Cooled Forums > Cup Cars

Unread 11-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
Erik @ GBoxweb
User

Erik @ GBoxweb is on a distinguished road
Default A new Differential for consideration - OS Giken

Hey there everyone,

After speaking with John here and being welcomed to the community, I thought that I would get things rolling here in the Cup Car room.

As many of you may or may not know my name is Erik Johnson, I am the Sales Manager here at Gbox, in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. We specialize in Porsche gearbox solutions, which includes rebuilding, gearing options, differential options, as well as several manufactured parts to address some of the issues experienced with some OEM pieces.

You can find me on most all of the forums, at one time or another, and I am extremely pleased to be welcomed here by John. It is my desire to help as many people in the Porsche community as I can, when it is related to their gearbox. I can always be reached via my cell day or night. (Not too late please, unless it is an emergency, and please remember that I am on Mountain time. LOL)

So onto the original idea of this post. OS Giken has made available a new Limited Slip Differential for Porsche cars. Currently they make their 'Super Lock' LSD for 915, 930, G50, GT2, GT3, 996 TT, 996/997 CUP.

These are some really trick differentials, as I am sure you will be able to tell a bit better by the pic. They are 20 plate diffs, which is to say they have 10 plates per side. This is more then double the number of any other differential currently available for our cars, and is what allows the differential to offer a 100% lock up on Acceleration. These differentials would be considered 1.5 way diffs, as they do offer lock up on both accel and decel, but in varying amounts. The lock up on accel is a progressive lock, which is completely adjustable, however, you will probably not need to worry about this as the stock setting is very good.

Here is what makes the differential truly special though. It has essentially no preload to it. Now of coarse there is some, but it is very minimal. It also has springs to automatically return the ramps to neutral, or an open state, when there is no torque applied to them.

So what does this mean?

It means that you will not have to fight your differential any more to get your car to turn in. Effectively your LSD will act like a locked differential on accel, (when your foot is down on the accelerator) but when you lift your foot to a neutral position, not on accel or decel, the differential will effectively open the ramps back up, and release the plates, and act like an open differential.

The benefit of this is that your car does not have to overcome any preload before turning in. This means the car will turn in more sharply, and under more control. It also means that it will not be wearing on the plates in a tight turn. You should see improved tire wear, greater car control, and overall better exit speeds. You will be able to carry more speed into the middle of the apex, as you will not be fighting the differential in the middle of your turns any more.

This probably a bit over simplified, but I would be happy to discuss this in more detail with anyone that might be interested.

Here is the best part of all. The cost. $1700.00 This is a substantial discount over the rest of the aftermarket differentials, which in my opinion, at least, are not as strong, and do not offer the same amount of control and durability.

Note here on the price, however. In speaking with OS Giken, there is likely to be a pricing increase after the first of the year. No word yet on how much this price will raise, but I would think a couple of hundred dollars.

Take a look at the pic here and as always feel free to get in touch with me should you have any questions that I can help you with on this.

Here are a couple of links for some of the cars that are utilizing this differential. I have been very impressed with the operation of this differential so far. I am sure you will be too.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
GBox Sales Manager
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gikenLSD221253128162.jpg (103.2 KB, 0 views)
Erik @ GBoxweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #2
Erik @ GBoxweb
User

Sorry I forgot to put the links in LOL. Here you go.

http://www.globalmotors.net/mclaren-...r-is-not-over/

http://www.modified.com/tech/modp-09...all/index.html
(This one is on the bottom of the 1st page and continues on page 2.)

http://www.tremek.com/forum/car-pict...maranello.html

Enjoy, I know I did.

Erik Johnson
Unread 02-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #3
Jay Wellwood
Still trying to figure it out.

Jay Wellwood has a spectacular aura aboutJay Wellwood has a spectacular aura about

Is there any plan to offer a model for the 951?
Jay Wellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Erik @ GBoxweb
User

Great Question, this differential is currently under development with OS Giken and will be available hopefully in short order, but that still means a wait of at least 6 months.

Believe me when I tell you, if you can wait, wait. There is simply nothing like the OS Giken in terms of differentials.

Erik Johnson
GBox Performance Transaxles
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
Erik @ GBoxweb
User

The land of Nod, does that mean you are a corporate yes man???? I like your avatar.
Unread 05-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
coleaccudge
New User

coleaccudge is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to coleaccudge
Default signature vernacular

cute! thank you.

מריומשחקי בישול משחקי בנות
coleaccudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:34 AM   #7
viefenrilla
New User

viefenrilla is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to viefenrilla
Default where to buy diflucan at store m 5625

buy diflucan sale - <a href=http://diflucanrxmeds.com>diflucan australia online</a> , http://diflucanrxmeds.com cheap diflucan online
viefenrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
urgelsrog
New User

urgelsrog is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to urgelsrog
Default amoxil 500 mg 14981

buy amoxil online - <a href=http://trykamagraonline.com/amoxil/#xxxdg >buy generic amoxil</a> , http://trykamagraonline.com/amoxil/#gbfsa buy amoxil online
urgelsrog is offline   Reply With Quote