Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Porsche Air/Oil Cooled Forums > 911 Forum

Unread 05-07-2009, 04:55 PM   #1
84_Carrera
[RW] Roman Moronie

84_Carrera will become famous soon enough84_Carrera will become famous soon enough
Default Day 11 Porscheless...

Dropped it off on Monday, 4/27 for a replacement soft top job.

I provided all the seals, the new top, the headliner, the shop manual even. Still waiting, and he hasn't picked up the phone over the past 2 days. Caught him driving it the first couple of days also, which I think I've mentioned before.

Getting a little frustrated here...

Where's the Thermonuclear emoticon? All I got's

The Once & Future King
84_Carrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #2
romoman
User

romoman is on a distinguished road

That sucks!! I can't believe you caught him driving it and didn't flip! If you have issues, I know a great guy in MA.
romoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
SeanR
Super User

SeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to behold
Garage

He was driving it around? Screw that, it's not in for a mechanical evaluation.

Go by and if he's not started it, get all of your bits and the car out of there.
SeanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #4
John Koa Wood
Enthusiast
Reutterwerk
Supporter

John Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to beholdJohn Koa Wood is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanR View Post
He was driving it around? Screw that, it's not in for a mechanical evaluation.

Go by and if he's not started it, get all of your bits and the car out of there.
+1, only time the car needs driven is if it is being road tested... Get your car out of there, anyone who would display lack of professionalism enough to drive a car that isn't theirs for fun isn't the kind of person I would want to even think about touching my car much less replacing a soft top...

OR

Ask me about my other stuffs!
John Koa Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
84_Carrera
[RW] Roman Moronie

84_Carrera will become famous soon enough84_Carrera will become famous soon enough

I spoke with him this morning. He says the back section came out "perfect". He's "having a couple of issues with the front section"...

I'm told it'll be ready for pickup on Monday night. We'll see...

The Once & Future King
Unread 05-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #6
84_Carrera
[RW] Roman Moronie

Well the car wasn't ready at 5pm today, but I did see the work he's done & it's close.

The back window IS nice & tight, though I'm a little disappointed with the way the very trailing edge of the top by the tail sticks up a smudge... will have to guide it under when lifting the engine lid. The top where it covers over the back section is MUCH better than before though.

Supposed to pick her up tomorrow at noon now. Again, we'll see.

The Once & Future King
Unread 05-12-2009, 01:25 AM   #7
SeanR
Super User

SeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to beholdSeanR is a splendid one to behold
Garage

This thread is...........
Unread 05-12-2009, 01:28 AM   #8
porshh951
Showing damn yankees some southern manners
Reutterwerk
Supporter

porshh951 is on a distinguished road

Is this guy a friend of the family or something?
porshh951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
84_Carrera
[RW] Roman Moronie

Nope. Just a guy I've had do a little bit of upholstery & such for the car before.

Sean... thanks man. Tell you what. I'm having the new wheels & tires mounted & balanced today, hope to pick her up today as well... tonight I'll pull off the old wheels & adapters & mount up everything & take a pic just for you buddy. Then we'll see if we can make the plane take off from the conveyor belt...

The Once & Future King
Unread 05-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
SeanR
Super User

Garage

Count me in for that party.
Unread 05-12-2009, 08:49 PM   #11
84_Carrera
[RW] Roman Moronie

T-minus 1 hour to Glenlivet Launch...

Ok, so here are some quickie pics I took on my cell phone tonight (dunno where the digicam disappeared to... again...)

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

The Once & Future King
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
Jake
User and abuser
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,377 Posts
Jake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Jake Send a message via Skype™ to Jake

^^ Nice SHO you have hiding there.

'99 Porsche 911 Carrera 4
'08 BMW M3 convertible
'19 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew
'95 Mazda Miata M-edition
'15 Ford Explorer XLT
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
84_Carrera
[RW] Roman Moronie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
^^ Nice SHO you have hiding there.
Hahaha, thanks Jake. The LAST one I promise - 10 incl. 2x supercharged setups was enough of them.

That one's a '91 w/ Police Grille & factory plastic hood, I built up a 3.2L & transplanted w/ SHO Shop Stage 1 cams, custom porting on the intake side (siamesed the dual intake ports in the heads as well), 77mm Pro-M Mass Air, high flow catted Y-Pipe & Dynomax cat-back, 12" '96 brakes all around (drilled & slotted) w/ braided hoses, 9lb aluminum flywheel & Clutchmasters Stage 3 9-puck Kevlar disc & dual-diaphragm pressure plate. 17x8 wheels w/ 245/45-17's all around. Tokico struts, Eibachs / Moogs. Non-Sunroof chassis, VERY stiff... I had welded in unibody connectors & strut tower braces on previous sunroof cars I had, and this is stiffer without them. She's running about 255-260hp & midrange TQ is noticeably better than stock.

Body's starting to need attention but I think I'm going to either sell her shortly or run her into the ground.

The Once & Future King
Unread 05-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #14
Jake
User and abuser
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,377 Posts
Jake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Jake Send a message via Skype™ to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84_Carrera View Post
Hahaha, thanks Jake. The LAST one I promise - 10 incl. 2x supercharged setups was enough of them.
Gotta draw the line somewhere.

Quote:
That one's a '91 w/ Police Grille & factory plastic hood,
The SHO+?

Quote:
I built up a 3.2L & transplanted w/ SHO Shop Stage 1 cams, custom porting on the intake side (siamesed the dual intake ports in the heads as well), 77mm Pro-M Mass Air, high flow catted Y-Pipe & Dynomax cat-back, 12" '96 brakes all around (drilled & slotted) w/ braided hoses, 9lb aluminum flywheel & Clutchmasters Stage 3 9-puck Kevlar disc & dual-diaphragm pressure plate. 17x8 wheels w/ 245/45-17's all around. Tokico struts, Eibachs / Moogs. Non-Sunroof chassis, VERY stiff... I had welded in unibody connectors & strut tower braces on previous sunroof cars I had, and this is stiffer without them. She's running about 255-260hp & midrange TQ is noticeably better than stock.
Wow, that's a lot of work!

Quote:
Body's starting to need attention but I think I'm going to either sell her shortly or run her into the ground.
No matter what I did, the black metal strip on the sides of mine just kept rusting. It was an awesome car for me, though.

'99 Porsche 911 Carrera 4
'08 BMW M3 convertible
'19 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew
'95 Mazda Miata M-edition
'15 Ford Explorer XLT
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #15
84_Carrera
[RW] Roman Moronie

Nope, not a Plus, but came with the hood. It's a late-'91 so it's got the factory Rod Shifter as well. They ran low on the rear spoiler for that year, so a lot of the Plus models didn't come with them, and they had excess of the bulge hood, so some non-Plus models came with them too.

I have a '95 hard-button climate control in there, a '94 steering wheel & leather seats front & rear, and extra headrests in the back for a more euro look inside. She's got a Kenwood deck w/ add-on Bluetooth module, Infinity Kappas all around, Infinity 7541a 4-channel amp, & Infinity Basslink 10" sub enclosure. not over the top, just nicer than the "Premium Audio" Ford shipped. Oh, and the pop-out cupholders still work too.

The Once & Future King