Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > BMW Forums > All Current and Past BMW Series > BMW 5 Series

Unread 09-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
Dick B.
Adult Supervisor
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Thanked 1,881 Times in 1,112 Posts
Dick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Thumbs up Since I asked for it

Guess I'll be the #1 post in all the Bimmer sections. Here to celebrate the other great German marque!

And thanks John for your quick work!

Past and current Bimmers

'97 M3 sedan
'00 540i
'04 545i
'00 528iT
'08 535xiT

Come on folks ... you've been looking ... got a bimmer let's hear about it. I know I'm not alone.
2016 Polaris RZR 570EPS

"AMERICA! Designed by geniuses, Run by idiots.."

Last edited by Dick B.; 09-17-2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: forgot one
Dick B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Murf928
User

Murf928 is on a distinguished road

Hey Dick,
I noticed in your sig line on another board that you have the new 535xiT wit h the Dinan chip.

How do you like it so far? I have a 1999 540iT right now and will be looking in spring to replace it. I have driven the 530xiT and it was a very nice car but did not have the sport feel of my 540 nor did it have close to the power. I really like the V8 but the turbo might just do the trick. I need the space of the wagon. I was even thinking Audi before the 535xiT came out.

What other options do you have?
Murf928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
Dick B.
Adult Supervisor
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Dick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond reputeDick B. has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Hi Murf,

Traded my '04 545i for the wagon and I love it ... better than the 545i and probably as quick if not quicker ... with a little turbo lag. At $2,000 for the Dinan upgrade it isn't cheap but I think it's a pretty good deal considering the HP and torque improvements are substantial. Gas milage leaves a bit to be desired ... 16ish around town and mid 20's on the highway driving at 76-80. Car handles like you expect from a BMW .. solid and planted. I got over all the BS about iDrive two weeks after I got my 545 ... just set it up and leave it.

Here's what I ordered on my wagon:
6 speed manual (a must) Platinum Grey Metallic with grey dakota leather and bamboo wood trim, cold weather pkg (I can't live without a heated steering wheel), premium package, sport package, 18" light alloy wheels with run-flat performance tires (hate run flats), rear manual side shades, Logic 7 sound, and park distance control (can't live without this feature anymore either). Out the door price was just over $62,000 before trade and BMWCCA $1K rebate.

I couldn't be happier with this car. It hauls ass and stuff as well. Fantastic on the highway and around town. It's a luxmobile. Not quite a 7 series but damn it's cofortable .... the sport seats are the best. Originally I had an Audi A4 wagon on order but they screwed around so long I canceled the order and special ordered this car. My only regret is that I didn't' take Euro delivery. My next Bimmer will be delivered in Germany.

Funniest part of the order was the saleman (who I've bought all my bimmers from) trying to talk me out of the 6 speed manual ... said the dealer wanted a deposit because if I didn't take the car they wouldn't be able to sell it. Makes you wonder if they really understand the true car people.

Go for it.
2016 Polaris RZR 570EPS

Unread 09-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
Murf928
User

Sounds awesome!

I will most likely get the AT. I drive for business so I am alway fumbling around with stuff.

I would get all the same options, possibly even NAV. I also like the Monaco Blue (my current 540 is Barritz Blue).

This is going to be a long winter waiting for the new ride.

Thanks for the reply!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cropped 535xiT.jpg (140.1 KB, 28 views)
Unread 09-23-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
Dick B.
Adult Supervisor
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Garage

I thought about the blue with tan interior but the grey does better in the snow, salt and slush of MN and WI weather.
2016 Polaris RZR 570EPS

Unread 09-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #6
Dick B.
Adult Supervisor
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Garage

Murf,

BTW did you get your invite to OT yet. Let me know.
2016 Polaris RZR 570EPS

Unread 09-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #7
Murf928
User

yes I did. Thank you for asking!
Unread 09-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #8
Dick B.
Adult Supervisor
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Garage

Now you just need to order up that 535xiT. You're gonna fall in love!!!!!
2016 Polaris RZR 570EPS