Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > The Garage, Help & Introduction Forums > Help & Testing Forum

Unread 11-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
John D.
Reutterwerk

Thanked 1,201 Times in 339 Posts
John D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud of
Garage
Default Welcome & Site Map....

First - Welcome to Reutterwerk!

If this is your first visit, please take a moment, poke around a bit and just enjoy! As well, there are some features on this site that are different than many other forums you may have visited, so in a nutshell, here is a short list...

BLOGS - as a registered Member of this site, you can create, edit, syndicate your own blog;

Reutterwerk Garage - We'd love to see your rides, so post them up and when you do, a link to your Garage will appear under your avatar;

New Posts - Since my servers store your Cookies, you can log on from multiple systems (home & work & etc.) - and posts you have read from any system will be reconciled;

Comprehensive Ignore System - Found in your User Control Panel (bottom left) - you can ignore people, posts, threads and entire forums;

Multiple Styles - At the bottom-left of any page, you will see multiple styles available - some with a click-drop menu system (menu option). Some are pretty cool and there are "intelligent" versions for the iPhone, Blackberry & other PDAs - and you can go back to the "default style" from any of these Mobile Device Styles;

Social Groups - After a certain number of posts, you can create your own Social Group, and make them "Public" or by "Invitation Only". Further, if you have a significant number of Members in your group, you can then create your own Sub-Forum which will appear in the Member Created Communities Area - and if your Group is by Invite Only, will NOT appear to those who are not invited or Members;

Off-Topic - if you don't see the Off-Topic Forum, simply go here and request an invite! You'll need three posts or more to receive an invite;

Product Ratings & Reviews - Reutterwerk Member submitted product ratings and reviews. You can add products to be rated as well as to rate and review products others have submitted.

Mechanic & Shop Ratings - Have a good experience with a shop or service? Share your experience in this Reutterwerk site! As well - if YOU ENTER YOUR ZIP CODE - it will tell you how far that shop is from you....

Albums - Of course, you can make your own photo albums - and as well, designating them as Public or "Private". Private Albums can only be viewed by your designated "friends" who are also registered to the forums..

Advanced Photo Albums - Integrated into the Forum software and login are "Advanced Photo Albums" which allow for more advanced Album features and for more advanced users. Of course - those pictures can, as well - be linked to your posts and shared with your friends who do not need to be registered to the Reutterwerk Forums;

Industry News Feeds - Real-time News Feeds from major news providers;

Vendor Introductions & Products For Sale - A dedicated forum where any business can introduce both themselves and their product lines

Group Buys - Vendors who have various automotive products can post them up here! It would be great to see some Group Buys offered as well to the folks on Reutterwerk!

Classifieds - Both For Sale and Wanted Classifieds;

Buyer Feedback Forum - A "buyer" forum for Reutterwerk buyers who have purchased products from you through this site...

Reutterwerk E-Mail Discussion Archives - Want to see what your fellow Reutterwerk enthusiasts are discussing in the e-mail groups (911, 928 & 944/951)? Sure - we have that.. Just click on the Forum and read what they are posting about (these archives CAN be searched from the Forum as well..);

As well - we also have:
Audi Forums...
BMW Forums...
Porsche Forums...
Volkswagen Forums....

Over time - we will be adding some new features as well...

So, sit back and welcome to Reutterwerk!

John
'68 911 L (<- Jen's...)
Don't Panic - it's just me, John D.(<- Jen's...) posting as me....
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John D. For Your Post:
ryanm6100 (11-17-2009)
Unread 11-17-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
ryanm6100
Pumice King

ryanm6100 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the overview, John.

One thing you may also want to touch upon (or link to) is the 'self-moderating' system of thank you's and reputation points.
ryanm6100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
John D.
Reutterwerk

Thanked 1,201 Times in 339 Posts
John D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud ofJohn D. has much to be proud of
Garage

Ahhh - good ones!!! Yep - I'll draft those up as well and either add them into the original post or in the thread...

My thanks again!!

John
'68 911 L (<- Jen's...)
Don't Panic - it's just me, John D.(<- Jen's...) posting as me....
John D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #4
DLENNOX
User

DLENNOX is on a distinguished road

Can you remove me from this forum? I haven't been active on it and would like to be removed. Thanks.
DLENNOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
LarryT
User

LarryT is on a distinguished road
Garage

Hi John.
Is it possible to search the archives?
Thx
LarryT
LarryT is offline   Reply With Quote