View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2008, 02:58 AM   #7
Chuck Jones
User

Chuck Jones is on a distinguished road

Well now that we've established that we have a friendly and cohesive group with reciprocal welcomes.....maybe we can find something to talk about.

Happy New year....coming up....does anyone have any plans to invest what might be left in your portfolios to get some new mods for your cars this year? I just picked up a really nice carbon fibre shift lever from Adam...and I might look for the ER brake handle to finish off the interior....everything else is pretty much CF....

I also put a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport rears in the 315/18's....because the fronts are still in great shape....I get about 2 to 1 in wear of rears to fronts....but becasue the rear Michelin's are almost $450 each, I think next time around they'll all wear out together and I'm going to something a little easier on the pocketbook. One of the guys on Rennlist talked about the Toyo's as a good street tire. Although the general consensus is that it's hard to beat the Michelins for the street...anyone have any input on a good street tire....mostly mountain road twistie stuff with not too much bad weather driving. No tracking. I do not want anything that develops road noise as it wears....and it would be a plus to find something that had a decent wear life.

Look forward to talking to you folks....although it might take some time for this forum to take off....the big four...6 Speed, Rennlist, RennTech and Pelican seem to attract most of the folks.

Chuck
Chuck Jones is offline   Reply With Quote