Thread: A new car!
View Single Post
Unread 12-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #84
GlenL
Workin' on it

GlenL will become famous soon enoughGlenL will become famous soon enough
Garage

Picture, in your mind, the above picture with two jam nuts on the threaded rod. Actually, regular nuts were used. The problem being that Porsche uses 1.5mm and 1.25mm pitch M12 bolts so I had no 1.75mm nuts handy. After a short period of contemplation, I got a bunch and fixed what might not have been a problem.

Since it was the holidays, I placed a good-sized order of parts (mostly used) from my friends at 928 International. I'll be working those in over the next few months and trying to get the electrics right.

Had the car out for a warm-up run today. It's 42F in Minneapolis as I write this. That's positively sweltering for the end of December. It'll be near 0F or below for the next three days so seemed like a good day for a drive.

Things worked fairly well. I even found the AC switching vents a bit and all fan speeds were working. There's something odd with the clutch as it didn't seem to be opening well. Maybe the discs aren't free on the intermediate shaft. Sometimes ground hard into gear and sometimes worked fine. I'll get to that after dropping the whole drivetrain from engine to tranny sometime. Yeah, sometime when the forecast includes 70s. The unheated garage is less appealing than it used to be.

Last edited by GlenL; 12-28-2013 at 06:58 PM.
GlenL is offline   Reply With Quote