View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2011, 12:19 PM   #8
Paulyy
Professional Hoon

Paulyy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiledr996s View Post
Looking good

I know what you mean when you say rat nest. Esp w/ all the control box's. Plus you will probably have more to add in the future.

For easy acess to everything, I placed a cut out of MDF the shape of the floor and placed some carpet under it to keep it cushioned and from moving. (all I had around the house, will place rubber later, maybe),

I velcroed the componets down to the PDF w/ industrial velcro. Also, cut the metal floor board reatainer to clear the computers and make it easier to take in and out, but cutting the angle in the corner. I wanted to keep the foot rest, to protect the wiring from somones big feet on the track.

Also I placed some spacers and longer bolts on the lower retainer to help w/ clearance.

You can check out a pic on post 26 of this thread, I don't have the image saved any more.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...ct-thread.html

Steve
Thanks

I see what you mean by the picture, not to bad idea.

In the near future, i'll probably get rid of everything there and go with a full ems. probably go Vi-Pec and a J&N knock control, That'll get rid of the link interceptor and the heat sink for the resistors. But ill end up adding a innovate LMA-3 to data log more sensors.

There's an alarm there also... that i installed, but it'z zip tied up inthere somewhere. but the bunch of wires interfiere with the steel arm that goes to the top right bolt. i may just cut it off to make room. (the reason i installed the alarm was for central locking and some sort of immobiliser. the siren is installed but took the fuse out)

86 952 Garrett GTX3076R, CEP head, CEP/JME cam, TiAL 38mm, M-Tune, FMIC, eBoost 2, KWv3

Build thread: Click here
Paulyy is offline   Reply With Quote