View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
LikeMyStoppie?
PooorSHA Porrrrn StAr
Reutterwerk
Supporter

LikeMyStoppie? is a glorious beacon of lightLikeMyStoppie? is a glorious beacon of lightLikeMyStoppie? is a glorious beacon of lightLikeMyStoppie? is a glorious beacon of lightLikeMyStoppie? is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to LikeMyStoppie?
Exclamation Part II- The Track

After a nice long 2 hour intro to the car we finally get to take them around the track.

The line-up consists of: Mercedes Benz S63, CLS550, BMW 750i, M5 (w/SMG), Audi A8 (not S8 as there is no 2010 S8) Maserati Quattroporte, then of course no less then two Panamera Turbo's-outfitted with PCCB's, Panamera S and two Panamera 4S (one with PSE).

I'll get this right out of the way. Do NOT- I repeat, do NOT waist your time on the Maserati. What a load of crap compared to all the others. Over Steer, Understeer, tons of body roll and crap brakes. The car DID however sound fantastic. The A8 held it's line the worst out the German line up, the S63 was by a long shot better then the 7 Series and surprisingly, the M5 was so so. The SMG is a personal fav of mine as I like it's quirkiness - a lot of the group had no idea 'how' to drive the SMG so it got bad marks -unfarily so.

The Panamera.

Welp, you guessed it. It handles like a PORSCHE should. The 4S with PSE was my personal fav as it was also equipped with optional Air Suspension. I felt more confident in that car then I did even with the Turbo. I could feel the cars extra weight- but boyyyyy move over it was fuggin fast. As you've either read by the others on RL (Howard, Brian and Alfie) a lot of us were all over the 997mkII C2S on the track; however that's a little unfair as the instructors were just taking us around the track at about 65-75% - Personally I think the instructors could have and would have shredded us on the track. Hey, they're instructors!

The Panamera did not dissappoint. Even with 400hp the S and 4S delivered on the track and the most astonishing aspect was the real lack of body roll. Sure it had some; but very very little. I never once felt I was driving a 4 door sedan. It held its line as well as I could hold the line I was supposed to, braked when I asked it to, and made wonderful Porsche V8 sounds when prodded. Very crisp, neutral and refined. Not numb or complacent.

The guy I was with was absolutely the WORST driver I've ever had the pain of dealing with and experience. I didn't believe, until that day- that two-foot drivers still exist. Apparently Darwin isn't finished with them.

W
O
R
S
T

EVARRRR!!

In summary, the Panamera, as I said above is a 99% out of 100. A 100% in my mind being a perfect car- and that's reserved for the 911. My all time favorite car.

Little annoying stuff: The Porsche 'entry and drive'; they insist on having that dumb 'fake key' instead of giving it a proper 'push start' on the left. Citing "heritage". I pointed to the car and said "That's got MORE then enough Heritage. Gimme a break!" I wish the car came standard with Power Telescoping Steering Wheel. And I wish the Panamera came Standard with PSE. - What? I can complain, can't I?

I honestly couldn't find that much, if much at all (worth complaining about) on the car.

What I'd like to see? A Carbon Grey Panamera 4S with 20" Spyder Wheels sitting in my driveway.

I *heart* the Panamera, and I think many of you will too!

Ps. Photos Suck of this car. It's too organic to take great photos. I think looks wise it's extremely sexy and very unique. Unlike anything else out there- and that's NICE!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucydides View Post
Pick up an 8ball. This is for science man.
LikeMyStoppie? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LikeMyStoppie? For Your Post:
alex (10-13-2009), Jay Wellwood (10-25-2009), Robby in WA (10-10-2009), SeanR (10-25-2009)