View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2009, 10:23 PM   #11
Ray S
Ironman
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Ray S is a splendid one to beholdRay S is a splendid one to beholdRay S is a splendid one to beholdRay S is a splendid one to beholdRay S is a splendid one to behold
Default My test drive

I went to pick up my car the other day at the dealership. I had a friend take me over in his Audi S8 (yes, the one with the Lambo V10).

We decided to test drive the new Panamera S while we were there.

Holy Shit, this car is the real deal.

Three things really stood out for me;

First, the handling. It really does feel like a sports car. The S8 is no slouch to drive, but it feels like a heavy pig compared to the Panamera S. The Panamera is a total riot to drive, it even feels like it would be a blast to take to the track.

Second, the sound. Close your eyes and think ALMS GT2 Corvette and that's what it sounds like. A fantastic V8 roar with great volume (it's about as loud inside as my 996 with PSE).

Third, the interior. It's simply stunning. Pictures don't do it justice, I was very impressed. The center console that looks busy in pictures is actually fairly well laid out and easy to use.

The rest;

The looks. It looks much better in person than photo's and the car has a definate presence in when you are around it. It's not an absolute stunner, but it's not bad.

The power. No question it's fast. Probably not as fast in a straight line as my 996 C2 or the V10 S8 but it's not far off.

The room. 4 seats only. Plenty of room for tall peeps in back, but total space is way down from a Big Benz S Class or even the SWB Audi S8.

The trunk. Bigger than I expected, it has a lot of very useful space in back.

The tranny. The PDK is pretty amazing. It it by far the fastest shifting auto that I have ever driven, and the perfect rev matched downshifts are very cool. That being said I'd still prefer to row my of gears (too bad they are not bringing the manual to the US).

Bottom line. Do yourself a favor and go for a test drive before you pass final judgement on this car.

'00 986 (Sold)
'02 996 C2 (Sold)
'08 997 Turbo aka "Silver Bullet"
Ray S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ray S For Your Post:
LikeMyStoppie? (10-28-2009)