Thread: A new car!
View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2011, 01:33 AM   #12
GlenL
Workin' on it

GlenL will become famous soon enoughGlenL will become famous soon enough
Garage

(next...)

No one else bid so I won it at $1500. Traded a few emails with the owner and he was accommodating to when I could get out there.

As I was planning it my wife asked "What about your daughter?" She works so the youngest would be coming along. Three makes fun.

I settled on flying in on a Tuesday evening. The youngest had Wednesday through Friday off and that'd give good time. The plan was to get the car on Wednesday morning and start the trip back that afternoon. Looked like we could work in a good day in Yellowstone and some good time in the Tetons and Mt. Rushmore. Then arrive back Sunday evening after covering 2000+ miles.

Talking with the owner it sounded like the car needed some work but would make the drive back. In preparation I packed two boxes. One was my tool box and tools at 47 lbs and a second box of 45 lbs of parts. (50 lbs being a limit of the airline) The parts included various seals and fasteners, water pump, fuel pump, hood shocks, and other bits that might be handy.

The flights out went well and there we were in Seattle: me, my son and daughter, a Chevy Impala and 92 lbs of anticipation.