Thread: A new car!
View Single Post
Unread 03-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #54
GlenL
Workin' on it

GlenL will become famous soon enoughGlenL will become famous soon enough
Garage

With the pod switches connected to the right cable and a new relay the car has turn signals and emergency flashes. Surprisingly, the four corners and two side markers all work.

During a full-throttle highway entrance I noticed the steering get heavy. Sure enough, id had thrown the power steering belt. Surprisingly, the belt was hanging on the pump and had turned fully inside out. A few good gouges in it as well. It was reasonably tight last week after installing the shorty belt between crank and fan. What gives? I had problems keeping it on during the cross-country drive from Seattle. Now I'm afraid there's a bad pulley or something. Weird.

Also found fuse #4 blown. That's for the pod switch lights and a few things. Still no lights in the pod and no speedo. The clock is lit up and responds to the rheostat for instument lighting so that circuit is somewhat working.

I mounted the springs I've got to some Koni's for the front. I got the Koni's for free from a local garage owner. "Got some 928 parts near the dumpster..." They're in good shape.

I noticed a part number on the springs of Eibach 7024.101. They don't look like the Eibach springs I put on a buddy's car. Are these the original Eibach springs? Checking the over they are dual-rate but not nearly as noticeable. The narrowly wound coils are much closer together than the regular section. I can't see them closing up and giving a second rate. Maybe that's why they changed them; it was a poor design. Much stiffer than the stock springs so they're an improvement.

Still gotta work through electrical issues and get the front coilovers and calipers in.