View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2018, 02:02 PM   #194
GlenL
Workin' on it

GlenL will become famous soon enoughGlenL will become famous soon enough
Garage
Default Front fender liners

These have been on for a while but the mod wasn't covered at the time:

Later front fender liners on early cars.

The early cars don't have fender liners that protect the underside of the fender. They have vertical covers at the front and back of the wheelwell but no protection across the top. At the track, small stones get picked up by the sticky tires, at speed, and pelt the underside of the fender. This leads to bumps and cracked paint from the underside.

I've put later fender liners on both my cars. Not sure how "later" they were but it's once piece that wraps the wheelwell from the front, across the top and then down the back. Mounting them isn't a problem but some work has to be done.

The full liners have six mounting holes: two at the front corners, two at the back corners and two at the top on the inside. The older cars match up with the two at the top and the outside of the back corners. The front needs something fabbed or just bolt it to the existing liner there. I've done both and used four points to mount them. I think it's OK and then haven't fallen out, yet.

Anyways... The later fender liners fit and work great to protect the underside of the aluminum fenders. It's clear why they changed that design.

Last edited by GlenL; 10-28-2018 at 11:42 PM.
GlenL is offline   Reply With Quote