View Single Post
Unread 10-08-2018, 11:17 PM   #190
GlenL
Workin' on it

GlenL will become famous soon enoughGlenL will become famous soon enough
Garage
Default First dyno results

Getting some numbers!

The car got to the dyno twice last week. The first session was revealed that the WUR was acting up. I had swapped then between my 2 cars and this was the suspect one but the car had run well with it. While tuning it, the car would refuse to start when tweaking the mixture to get a lower A/F at WOT. It'd show a very low A/F ratio, sub-12:1, when idling.

In the evening I scavenged the good, or at least better, WUR from the other car and swapped it in. So back the next day to run again. This time the car ran better at idle but still not getting low A/F when running. The A/F meter at the shop seems a bit suspect, though. It'd show 14:1 or 15:1 while the car was so rich it stung my eyes.

The numbers were a bit disappointing but still good. The top HP was 287 at the wheels. This was a Mustang dyno which is less optimistic that the Dynojet that's most common. It was also running 10% ethanol gas so some easy HP to find there.

The torque graph is really nice with a broad plateau with a peak of 280 ft-lbs at 4200 RPM. I need to get the FI system sorted and A/F set right to make any conclusions on if the retarded cams are having a positive effect. Comparing a dyno chart from the other car, this one is not tailing off the torque as quickly near 6000rpm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dyno_10_5_18.jpg (153.0 KB, 2 views)