Thread: A new car!
View Single Post
Unread 07-16-2020, 01:04 AM   #215
GlenL
Workin' on it

GlenL will become famous soon enoughGlenL will become famous soon enough
Garage

It's been a while since I've had something to post on this car.

My other 928 has, meanwhile, gotten head gaskets, a new transmission and bearings on the torque tube. A bit of WYAIT madness but that all worked out fine.

So here's The Zombie at the track. Had a good day at the Brainerd International Raceway "Competition Course" that everyone calls the "Short Track." It's 2.5 miles and 14 corners. More technical than the 3.2 mile, 10 corner regular track.

Had a good day and the engine ran great. Very little oil used and almost nothing in the catch can. It's showing some drips after sessions so I should check for a leak.

The driving was good and the car is well balanced. I'm using Hankook competition tires this year and they're good.

The car drives a lot differently on a technical track compared to my other 928 as the transmission has a lower final drive (2.2 vs. 2.75) and the torque peak is a bit higher (3700 vs. 3500). That means grabbing 2nd out of a few corners instead of 3rd to keep the RPMs up. It's fun.

The car does well against the P-cars that seem to populate PCA events these days. I was getting passed by a parade of high-end GT-whatever cars. Often not well driven but with that much power, handling and PASM they go fast.

The event ended early when I found that I had only 1st gear before a session. I'd notice some difficult shifting, like not finding 3rd, on the track but this hint told me the day was over.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ShortTrack.jpg (239.5 KB, 0 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to GlenL For Your Post:
carlege (07-16-2020)