View Single Post
Unread 10-26-2020, 06:58 PM   #6
Jake
User and abuser
Reutterwerk
Supporter

Thanked 1,826 Times in 1,377 Posts
Jake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond reputeJake has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Jake Send a message via Skype™ to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt R View Post
Thanks Jake. An interstate highway from Dubuque to La Crosse would help.
The river road has been under construction all summer so I've had to take a more eastern route. Same distance but more small towns to slow down for.
There is no good way to get from La Crosse to Dubuque, is there?!?

Quote:
The scary part is I'm considering a Macan / Cayenne / X3 / X5, since I'm working from home and don't need to drive the Jetta to work. But that might change next year.
Having owned the latter two (still have the X3), I would lean towards one of the Porsches. I'm actually trying to decide between a Cayenne Turbo and a, um, Raptor right now.

Quote:
As far as house hunting goes, no deals have popped up lately. The step-daughter found one she liked, listed about 25% above assessed value. I hesitated, and it got an offer before I could tell her they were asking (In my opinion) too much. Shows what I know.
She found a really nice one in Moline, but it's on a 5000 sq ft lot, and I don't think she wants to drive across the bridge every day, even though the new one will be open next year.
I can't stress enough how badly I would prefer to stay in Iowa over Illinois. There are some really nice houses on the bluff in East Dubuque, IL that I refuse to ever consider because schools/taxes/development/life just seems so much worse on that side of the river.

'99 Porsche 911 Carrera 4
'08 BMW M3 convertible
'19 Ford F-150 Raptor SuperCrew
'95 Mazda Miata M-edition
'15 Ford Explorer XLT
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote