View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2020, 02:34 PM   #12
CurtP
Super User

CurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to all

The turntable arrived last night. I ordered it in walnut, and I'm surprised how nice it looks. The acrylic platter has considerable heft. A couple things bother me about it though. The hinges are plastic. I doubt they'll be an issue, but I miss the metal ones that were on my Pioneer PL-12D and how it locked into metal brackets attached to the lid. I also wish the finish was a matte instead of gloss. There's no peg for the 45 RPM adapter to sit on when not in use. I *really* do not like the external power adapter - makes it feel more like a toy. And my #1 pet peeve, which is absolutely silly - why an external belt? It has a switch for the speed, so it doesn't have to be manually moved.

However, it sounds fantastic! I picked up a couple of 180g albums before it arrived so I'd have something to play. The more I play it, the better it sounds. I can see how this could turn from a hobby to an obsession. I'm hoping I can build a substantial collection before wanting to upgrade. I think it's a good fit considering the level of the rest of my equipment.

Definitely need to get some cleaning gear. One recommendation I had was to use microfiber and all it does is create static.
CurtP is offline   Reply With Quote