View Single Post
Unread 05-27-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
CurtP
Super User

CurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to allCurtP is a name known to all
Default Getting back into vinyl

It's been decades since I've listened to vinyl. Back then it was on a Pioneer PL-12D with a lower end Audio-Technica cartridge, Pioneer 2-channel receiver and homemade speakers with Peerless woofers and soft-dome tweeters. Just ordered a Fluance RT85 that comes with a Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge. Seems that the consensus is it's a good value for the money. I was also looking at a U-Turn Audio Orbit Custom, but the specs are better on the Fluance. If I end up not liking the Fluance, I'll send it back and get the Orbit.

Moving around speakers now. Decided to take the big Klipsch RP-280F floor standers up to the media room and put the RP-160M bookshelves in their place. Receiver is a Denon AVR-X6200W. Will be used for CD playback too, but I haven't decided if I'm going to bring the Denon DVD-3800 out of retirement and use it or just stick with the Oppo UDP-203.

And I don't have a single vinyl record or CD to play. All my CDs are still up in IL and the vinyl is long gone. Guess it's time to hit thrift store, eBay and Amazon. One of the first albums I'll be looking for is Dire Straits Brothers in Arms.

Hoping to enjoy music again.
CurtP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CurtP For Your Post:
911URGE (05-29-2020)