View Single Post
Unread 05-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Bull
Regulator

Bull is a name known to allBull is a name known to allBull is a name known to allBull is a name known to allBull is a name known to allBull is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNine64 View Post
I got very similar advice from TOS so I decided to stay OEM all the way around. I hope to do a DE or two this year but since most of my time is on the street it seems things won't be getting hot enough to benefit.

I appreciate the response, T
Travis, a number of the brake pad manufactures make a "high performance street pad", which will likely improve your street brakes and extend pad life, although they also cost more.

If you start doing DEs I would strongly suggest that you buy a set of track pads like PAGID Orange or Blacks, Hawk HT10s, etc. and change the pads before and after the track event. The 964s and 993s have some of the easiest pads to change quickly that you will find on Porsches.

Also be aware that as you increase the braking capability of your car you will reach the point where the street tires are the limiting factor and you will get into the ABS well before the brakes are fully utilized. The track pads will work best with R Compound track tires. I would be happy to help you down the slope of of track preparation....
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote