Thread: A new car!
View Single Post
Unread 04-28-2019, 11:25 PM   #201
GlenL
Workin' on it

GlenL will become famous soon enoughGlenL will become famous soon enough
Garage
Default GT grease caps

The car runs Panamera "10-spoke" wheels at the track. These are a good offset (59mm) in 8". The problem is that the hubs are a bit thinner than other Porsche wheels and the fingers on the center caps touch the front wheel grease caps. Previously, I ran the wheels with no center caps. I wanted to fix that and the answer is to replace the taller, "square" caps with these shorter, domed caps. Shopping around, they're available from $16 to $50. (HUH?) Got a pair of cheap one, direct from Germans, and put them on. I've got these on my other 928 and it worked fine there, too.

Put these on when putting on the track tires, and Hawk Blue pads, before a track weekend. Gratifyingly, the car ran great with no issues whatsoever! A change from last fall where the blow-by tubing was too small. That caused pressure to build in the crankcase and force oil up the dipstick tube. Messy! The outlet in the oil filler cap is about 8mm so the rest of the tubing should be at least that big. Old posts: 1" hose Catch can
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GTScaps.jpg (211.1 KB, 2 views)