Thread: A new car!
View Single Post
Unread 07-15-2014, 12:39 AM   #95
GlenL
Workin' on it

GlenL will become famous soon enoughGlenL will become famous soon enough
Garage

To address my on-going electrical problems, I thought a new flexi-cicuit for the pod might help. It's also a chance to work on the connections to the pod that always seem so fussy.

The swapping circuits went pretty well. I had extra lightbulbs and bulbs-in-holders on-hand. A few were burned out include 2 of 3 illumination lights. It's nice that the signals are all labelled on the circuit at the connectors. A few lights weren't making good contact and I got it working before it went in.

The results are spectacular. Well, an improvement, at least. I got a few more warning lights and the turn signal lamp worked, but that's since stopped. The fuel and voltage gauges clearly work better. Still no temperature and the speedo only flicks up occasionally. I'll dig into those next.

On the downside, I've found some gas under the tank and it seems to be leaking from the tank. Luckily, I have a spare tank in the rafters. A some point, the concept on never getting rid of a good, or possibly good, part pays off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CAM00147.jpg (204.5 KB, 0 views)