Reutterwerk

Reutterwerk (https://reutterwerk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Performance Modifications Forum (https://reutterwerk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   TPC intercooled superchargers (https://reutterwerk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1315)

Dick B. 09-10-2008 08:45 PM

TPC intercooled superchargers

Ask me about my 2+ years experience.

bleucamaro 09-12-2008 04:22 AM

throw up some pics of that badboy. What compressor is that using, and what about the intercooler, air to air or air to water? What are you doing for engine management, piggyback, stand alone, or an OBD2 tuner?

Dick B. 09-12-2008 12:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
There are a number of threads on Pelican and that IB forum on superchargers and superchargers vs. turbo conversions on 993's. Haven't looked at the other model specific forums.

I've had the TPC supercharger on my car since March 2006 and put about 6500 miles on it. The install was done with just under 40,000 miles. So far I have had no problems other that a CEL that won't go out .... shows misfires but don't see or feel it when driving. The car is driven HARD. I've run about 25+ autocrosses in that time with no performance problems.

The TPC system uses an air to liquid intercooler and you can read all about it on their website or among some of the better threads on the other boards. Since the engine was out to do the install.....and this is NOT a DIY unless you are a super wrench.... I added a lightweight flywheel and performance clutch. Two of the pix below show the weight difference in the flywheel .... throttle response with the lighter flywheel is fantastic.

Two other pix ... one shows where the air part of the IC is mounted next to the oil cooler and the other shows the engine compartment after the install.

Did I say my car is fast. :burnout: Instant on power anywhere over 2K rpm .... not faster than a speeding bullet but is faster than a stock 993TT. I'd do it again in a heartbeat though it was a very expensive modification both in cost of parts and labor and further depreciation as well. Since I plan on being buried in this car that wasn't an issue.

HoBoJoe 06-09-2009 11:42 PM

That is EPIC!

Did the shop look into the CEL?

Dick B. 06-09-2009 11:57 PM

Did everything TPC suggested including replacing the entire secondary ignition system with no results. Black tape over the CEL solved the problem. :) TPC was not helpful.

HoBoJoe 06-10-2009 08:19 AM

Ouch, did they say that was the first time they had that issue?

Dick B. 06-10-2009 10:42 AM

No, but they offered another ECU for about 1K. Don't know if that would have solved the pblm.

D.swacy 10-22-2009 05:37 PM

TPC intercooled superchargers

You have any experience with water injection? I was thinking how cool it would be to have adjustable boost and water injection, maybe have a staged electronic nitrous system as well. I really like the linear stability of supercharging.
But do you have any advice or experience with water injection? Id really like to hear about it.

Dick B. 10-22-2009 06:28 PM

Nope. Think you need to check out the ricer boards as the Subies and Mitzus use it I believe. Not aware of anyone that makes anything like that for Porsches.

BTW welcome to Reutterwerk!

John Koa Wood 07-06-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Beers (Post 116990)
Nope. Think you need to check out the ricer boards as the Subies and Mitzus use it I believe. Not aware of anyone that makes anything like that for Porsches.

BTW welcome to Reutterwerk!

There are some vendors working solutions... but IMHO E85, 110, and other high octane fuel sources, and proper tuning practices go a long way twords preventing knock..

FWIW, running water / alcohol injection on an E85 powered car isn't all that effective as you are already pouring in 85% ethanol anyway!

nitromethane / methanol is the way to go... did you know top fuel dragster motors are cooled by their fuel?

PNine64 07-06-2010 08:57 PM

Dick, what kind of engine management are you using?

Dick B. 07-06-2010 11:46 PM

ECU that was part of the TPC package.

Jabyabisfab 01-14-2011 02:26 AM

love spells

Hi everyone, I am Jess , I am new here at reutterwerk.com
I am from Canada, where are you guys from? love spells for love magic
problems. penny stocks to buy finances

Dick B. 01-14-2011 09:54 AM

Here comes another one. :eek2:

Leon Speed 01-14-2011 05:08 PM

Is this a "feeler" post ?