Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Blogs > UDPride

Rate this Entry

This week in the news

Posted 10-07-2008 at 06:55 PM by UDPride
Well last night I found out my rent was being doubled by my father and I will no longer be receiving the cable movie channels. I guess this is the thanks I get for taking care of my mother for 14yrs while he sat on his ass in his den the entire time. Apparently this is a thank-you for my pending responsibilities of keeping the house in order and fulfilling many promises I made to my mother in her last breaths. Did I mention Im quitting working for my father on Nov. 14??? Doesnt all of this seem rather coincidental? Like hes trying to stick it to me? The timing flat out reeks. All of this bullshit should have been hammered out long ago.

Im not against an increase in rent, I just think the timing sucks. If he thought I was so underpaying why didnt he say something five years ago, not 30 days after my mother is no longer around. I just find it highly tasteless. Its not about the money, its about the timing and how everything seems to suddenly be "changing" just because my mother is no longer around. Well you know what, my mother seem to have everything sorted out just fine for 62 years, so why the hell mess with a winning formula?

This was after my father clogged the garbage disposal over the weekend when he insisted on making mashed potatos and put the peels down the sink. I knew something like this would happen which is why I suggested just sticking a couple potatos in the oven. So the first time he does any cooking in 35 years, be breaks the garbage disposal. Brilliant. Sometimes I wonder if he could mess up a wet dream.
Total Comments 1

Comments

Unread
I agree that it is pretty coincidental that it is all happening now... Have you tried talking to him about it? I haven't lived with my parents since I was 18 so I can't really offer any advice on how to deal with him, but talking helps resolve a lot of problems.

Recent Blog Entries by UDPride