Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Blogs > John D.

Rate this Entry

Rennwish in Haiti....

Posted 01-25-2010 at 04:32 PM by John D.
In the off-chance I can update this while in Haiti, I'll try to post here as well...

Hi folks,

Really quickly as I'm trying to get a few things completed before I leave. The arrangements are to arrive in the DR - and then take a couple of options - I may have a flight into Cayes from a wonderful Pastor, if we can link up. The other option is drive to Cayes. If it's the latter, then I won't get there until late tomorrow night is my guess.. As well...

I spoke to Adrien earlier today. Les Cayes has had a few flights and some relief - but, the hospitals are still in dire need for basics and it is still has a very long way to go. While I'll be taking down a huge bag of supplies - my guess is that it will be like a "raindrop" hitting the ocean.... But - know for that - with you - if we can help only a few hundred with temporary supplies - it will be well worth it...

Food is still a critical item - and we have expanded our support there to include Pastor Andre's orphanage and facilities - Andre is another I can "call my brother", as his orphanage has been his life-long passion and dream. We are honored to be called to assist him with his dream - which is simply, as is our combined passion - is to do whatever we can to make a difference.

As well, in the villages, hospitals and other orphanages - refugees and "newly created" orphans from the disaster are still streaming in... While I'm there, we'll be discussing some options with Pastor Vilnor perhaps using the two stories of the school for temporary shelter/refuge for some of these children -until we can develop a better long-term plan.

So - in closing - simply - thank you - again. Not from me really - but rather - thank you from the hundreds and thousands who we hope to assist in some small way.

You have given them a voice - and more importantly - you have given them a little sliver of hope.

I'm personally honored to be your ambassador and your "face" to so many children, women and men in this program. So, my personal thanks for that privilege...

John
Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by John D.