Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Blogs > wombat7

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Unread

Random thoughts

Posted 03-20-2009 at 10:40 AM by wombat7
Updated 03-20-2009 at 11:01 AM by wombat7
A collection of random thoughts from the last couple months....

Jobs

I posted a while ago about taking a new job in technical sales. I started in October and after 6 months, I can honestly say it is probably the best decision I ever made. I am extremely happy with the job and have surprisingly found that success has come fairly easily at this point.

The peculiar thing about this 'sales' job is that i don't really sell anything. I work in more of...
User
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

My experiences with a great man... RIP - Paul Newman

Posted 09-27-2008 at 09:52 PM by wombat7
I posted some of this in the thread about his death, but want to elaborate more.

I got the opportunity to work with this great man in 2006. I was hired as an assistant engineer for the Newman Wachs Champ Car Atlantic team. This was a very young team started by Newman and Eddie Wachs to help develop drivers for the Champ Car World series. It was also a place that young engineers could get experience in the world of professional motorsports.

I first met Mr Newman...
User
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

I hate GPA requirements....

Posted 09-23-2008 at 11:54 PM by wombat7
So, this is my first blog... EVER, but after my day today I just need to vent a little.

I graduated with my BS in Computer Engineering this past February. My pursuit of this degree was not without much struggle and drama. Due to this drama, my GPA was not very good. In fact it was very far from stellar, but still good enough to get my degree.

For the last 3 years, I have been working in motorsports, an industry driven by job performance not GPA or academics. All...
User
Posted in Uncategorized