Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Blogs > 356 Build

Rate this Entry

Porsche 356 Build: Part 3

Posted 04-19-2009 at 10:44 PM by bleucamaro
Updated 03-06-2010 at 04:32 AM by bleucamaro
Continued from: Porsche 356 Build: Part 2

Its been a while since I've posted an update, and while progress feels slow, there is still progress being made. Since the last update, a lot has happened. The tachometer, speedometer and axillary gauges were sent out to be rebuilt for conversion to electric and 12v, the speedo was just cleaned up. For less money, I think we could have gotten a 904 combo gauge and new tach. . . well we actually did get a new tach, but the old one was cleaned up while it was there.

Also, the car went to the upholstry shop to get the new dash, headliner and door panels installed. The seats were also redone, and because they weren't done right, they're back at the upholstry shop being re-redone, so I don't have any pictures of them.

Since the car got back home, we were able to install the rear side windows, and sound / thermal insulation on the firewall and rear seats.

Also, the engine is down with Walt at Competition Engineering getting machined. We'll do the final assembly here once he's done.

I also tried ordering the ECU last Friday, but the supplier can sometimes be difficult to get a hold of.

The fuel system was done, but after much deliberation, we are re-doing it, so that it will be a much safer setup (both for the occupants and for the engine)

Here are some quickee update pics of the interior.
Click the image to open in full size.

Continued here: Part 4
Posted in Car Projects
Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
Total Comments 2

Comments

Unread
great project. ECU on a 356????? Extra Coarse Undercoating?
Unread
you'll see.

Recent Blog Entries by bleucamaro