Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Blogs

Unread

Letter to the Editor

Posted 10-09-2008 at 02:03 AM by UDPride
I submitted this to the Op/Ed pages of the Dayton Daily News on Monday. Ill let you know if they publish it. Ive had 8-10 op/eds published over the years, ranging from dress codes to drugs to sports...

This November, Iâ??m urging voters to stay home and exercise their right to not vote. After all, thereâ??s nothing patriotic about the least informed, least educated, and least qualified members of our society (this includes just about everyone) casting votes under the false...
Thinking outside da' bun
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

This week in the news

Posted 10-07-2008 at 06:55 PM by UDPride
Well last night I found out my rent was being doubled by my father and I will no longer be receiving the cable movie channels. I guess this is the thanks I get for taking care of my mother for 14yrs while he sat on his ass in his den the entire time. Apparently this is a thank-you for my pending responsibilities of keeping the house in order and fulfilling many promises I made to my mother in her last breaths. Did I mention Im quitting working for my father on Nov. 14??? Doesnt all of this seem...
Thinking outside da' bun
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

I do more than you think.

Posted 09-23-2008 at 05:00 PM by UDPride
You may not know this, but I do a lot more writing than just about cars and sports. Ive written short stories and limericks and poetry. Its kind of my therapeutic side and it flushes out a lot of my anxieties when I go at it. Here's one I recently wrote about my mother...

EIGHTEEN HOURS

My name is Christopher, the fortunate son,
After a saint, they named me one,
The patron saint for a journeyman's sol,
Ask for his guidance or don't travel at all,...
Thinking outside da' bun
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

The talk - postgame recap

Posted 09-16-2008 at 11:05 PM by UDPride
Well I told my old man I was going to quit on Nov 14, which was a 60 day courtesy so they could prepare for everything.

He said he told the other co-owner of the company this afternoon and she indicated she was not that surprised. I actually think he is taking is fairly well, however he always likes to take it well early, then after time passes he turns back into his incorrigible self. So theres no promise everything stays on the up and up with this.

Dad did indicate...
Thinking outside da' bun
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

Back at work and dealing with Ike

Posted 09-15-2008 at 03:28 PM by UDPride
I returned to work today after 8 days off dealing with my mother and the funeral. To make things more stressful we had 65mph winds run through SW Ohio from Hurricane Ike and there are power lines and zillions of trees down. Theres a tree as big as a sequoia down in our yard that fell over from the neighbors yard. We live in the woods (sort of) and its a disaster. Power was out to half a million homes. We were without power for 15hrs.

I had to go into work yesterday (Sunday) for 6hrs...
Thinking outside da' bun
Posted in Uncategorized