Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Blogs > Bill Ball

Rate this Entry

Introduction

Posted 10-22-2008 at 04:15 AM by Bill Ball
I'm 60 (as of 10/08), retired via lay-off from the computer hardware industry, which was actually my third career. Graduated from Berkeley in the late sixties, which is enough for a blog in itself. Married almost 25 years with 2 kids sort of in college (Gen Y doesn't seem to take college seriously).

I came to Porsches during my mid-life crisis when I naturally decided I wanted a sports car. My wife insisted it have 4 seats! Hmmm... I wasn't happy with anything I saw with 4 seats until I discovered the 928. Six months later, in October of 1999, I bought a pristine 89 S4 from the original owner for $16K on eBay. Until he picked me up at the airport when I flew in to pick up the car, I had never seen a 928 in the flesh, let alone been in one. It proved to be better than I had hoped. I handed the owner a check and drove home, falling deeply in love with the car at about 120 coming down I-5. Since then it's been 9 years and 125K miles of pure enjoyment. My car has been stone reliable, taken all forms of abuse (although it gets careful maintenance) and just motors on perfectly. For the last few years it has been supercharged with a Roots type blower and is even a bigger kick to drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0512-153339-01.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	1  

Total Comments 0

Comments

Recent Blog Entries by Bill Ball