Reutterwerk
Go Back   Reutterwerk > Blogs

Unread

Conclusion

Posted 12-05-2008 at 02:27 PM by Mike Frye
Well, last week Adam G. came down and helped me put everything back together.
I ended up doing just the selector spring, the reverse lockout spring and the front seal (plus the mod to change the rear shift coupler from an allen-head set screw to a hex head screw.

The car runs and shifts perfectly, way better than it ever has.

I still have some other issues to deal with, but this one is solved.
Writer of wrongs
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

A post I made on Gaming. thanks Alex

Posted 11-25-2008 at 10:37 PM by SeanR
Here's a short story for you, one that explains the last 5 years of my life.

Back in Kansas my brother and I would play Mechwarrior 3 damn near every night. He was a bit better than me and got invited to join a clan. A few weeks after his invite Mech 4 came out and we both bought it, and apparently so did the clan he met up with and in a few weeks of playing with them I got an invite also. As some know, the testing to get in a clan is intense. In this case it was my mech (heavy...
Super User
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

THE BERKELEY BOMB

Posted 11-14-2008 at 04:08 AM by Bill Ball
Updated 07-23-2009 at 03:57 AM by Bill Ball
I found this old photo today. This is The Berkeley Bomb. A buddy of mine and I made it from a rolled VW when we were in high school in 1964. We used old fire hose to line the cut edge. My buddy welded the jeep style panels where the doors were. I remember us getting questions from people as to what that was on the back of the car. We used to say it was the air conditioner and bust out laughing as we drove off leaving the questioner with a puzzled look on their face.

One day we were...
User
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

Diff removed. But wait, can't I just replace the spring?

Posted 11-09-2008 at 08:46 AM by Mike Frye
The other day I realized that the spring I need to replace can be done without completely disassembling the trans. It can be maneuvered out though a gap in the shafts so I didn't even need to remove the differential!

So I got that figured out and have been trying to work out solutions to two issues.

1. How to get the shift lever to return to the 2/3 plane when the 'old style' spring returns it to the 4/5 plane.
2. How to modify or strengthen this spring...
Writer of wrongs
Posted in Uncategorized
Unread

That girl...

Posted 11-09-2008 at 03:58 AM by Porschephile
Some of you may have read that "Damn I have to pick the movie" thread I posted up a while back, and in lieu of resurecting that thread, I'll just update my blog...

I'll start by making a long story as abridged as possible:

I've known girl for 4 years, she's a great part of my life. always loved her company, and first time I was literally on my way to ask her out, I met her new boyfriend of an hour earlier I was pissed. fast forward to that new boyfriend cheating...
A Mile High
Posted in Uncategorized